AdventHealth ED CNA Unit Clerk PRN - Sebring, FL in Sebring, Florida
Unit Clerk & CNA PRN, AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the patient/family care using established techniques with the multidisciplinary team.
- Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living as ordered by the physician
- Distributes food trays to patients. Assists patient with tray preparation and feeding as required.
- Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
- Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
- Prepares the room to receive a new admission: zeros the bed scale, personal care items, linen, vital sign equipment, etc.
- Welcomes new admission, orients patient to room.
- Transfers patients from beds onto stretchers or beds or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
- Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
- Provides patients with fresh water at established intervals
- Documents personal care, intake and output, vital signs and weights as outlined in policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
* LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:*
A new hire may begin employment provided the facility has the ability to facilitate the successful completion of the required AHA BLS program prior to any patient contact. This may be achieved using web-based training with voice-assisted manikin skills check off (ie: Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) Program or Heartcode) or instructor-led training.
Florida C.N.A. License or Completion of Fundamentals of Nursing (transcript) upon hire
- BLS - condition of employment
- CPI prior to or within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Unit)
* Job Summary* * :*
This combined role includes the duties of the Unit Clerk and the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) working under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN. All duties related to the patient care area will be carried out in accordance with the hospital mission, physician and patient expectation.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.