AdventHealth Laboratory Point of Care Coordinator $7,000 Sign on Bonus in Sebring, Florida
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- In collaboration with Laboratory Medical Director and Director of Laboratory Services, develops, implements, and monitors programs for Point of Care Testing (POCT) in the clinical Areas.
- Provides consultative services to clinical staff and providers for POCT in a positive manner.
- Provides technical consultation and standardizes laboratory policies and procedures for use by clinical staff.
- Performs Needs Assessment for new or revised POC and ensures submission to the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Ensures smooth and efficient operation of the general laboratory at FHHMC during assigned shifts
- Fosters a spirit of teamwork and cooperation between the laboratory and other departments.
- Provides regular status reports to Laboratory Medical Director and Director of Laboratory Services
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related chemical, biological, or physical science
- Minimum two (2) years of laboratory experience in hematology and chemistry
- State of Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist License in Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Microbiology, Immunohematology.
As part of Laboratory Leadership, the Laboratory Point of Care Coordinator (POCC) manages point of care laboratory testing throughout Hospital Heartland Division, assists with laboratory information system validations, and provides medical technology bench coverage at Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center Sebring Laboratory as needed. The POCC may also act as “charge” medical technologist for an assigned shift and assists the director and manager in formulation, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures, short and long term goals, and the promotion of positive attitude in the laboratory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.