AdventHealth Adminstrative Director Emergency Services in Shawnee, Kansas
Administrative Director Emergency Services
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Effectively markets, recruits, interviews, and hires highly competent associates that reflect the SMMC culture.
- Assures appropriate qualifications and competence of departmental personnel.
- Assures appropriate and effective delegation of staff.
- Establishes clear expectations for associates related to job descriptions and patient population(s).
- Fosters staff development through positive communication of expectations, feedback, coaching, evaluation, and discipline.
- Identifies gaps in associate skills and knowledge.
- Prevents voluntary departures by maintaining a hands-on approach to developing people.
- Models behavior conducive to the development of a positive, supportive and productive team.
- Facilitates open communication and joint decision making with associates.
- Facilitates constructive resolution of conflict.
- Is considerate, patient and helpful, showing sympathy and support when someone is upset or anxious.
- Leads and facilitates associate engagement initiatives.
- Rewards and recognizes associates for positive actions and behavior.
- Effectively develops a strong sense of unit identify, common purpose and pride in unit achievements.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills; within department, interdepartmental, and in the community.
- Models and assures culturally respectful environment for patients, customers and associates.
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Employee Health, and Employee Assistance Program.
- Achieves departmental goals related to people.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the medical center.
- Takes responsibility for making difficult or unpopular decisions, e.g. terminating poorly performing staff, eliminating a department resource to improve efficiency.
- Acknowledges when a decision or plan is not working rather than making excuses or blaming others
- Keeps promises and honors commitments.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting objectives and commitments.
- Ensures adherence to Corporate Integrity Plan for self and staff.
- Ensures compliance with SMMC policies related to employment law and liability.
- Ensures department/unit processes adhere to JCAHO, licensing agencies, and other regulatory standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment for self-development, profession, and SMMC.
- Assures that patient/staff rights are protected and utilize appropriate resources for resolving ethical dilemmas.
- Achieves departmental goals related to mission growth and development.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Sets and enforces high standards to assure customer satisfaction.
- Performs management rounding with customers.
- Assures appropriate associate scripting interaction with customers.
- Develops and maintains close customer ties.
- Articulates customer needs.
- Manages priorities in focus with expectations of customers.
- Promotes patient and customer satisfaction expectations with associates.
- Resolves complaints and conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ensures a safe, functional and effective work environment for staff and customers.
- Actively participates on committees/councils/task forces as assigned.
- Serves as a resource to the hospital and community in area of specialty.
- Creates an environment supportive of student affiliation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 or more Years of Position-Related Experience
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
The Director has 24-hour accountability, authority and responsibility for quality of services, operational management, and human resource management for the Emergency Departments. The Director fosters the integration of the organization’s vision and values and accomplishes the mission and strategic plan through an accountable work team. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Director collaborates with patients/customers, families, physicians, administration and associates to meet customer needs and expectations in a patient focused and healing environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.