AdventHealth Ultrasound Technologist Full Time Nights in Shawnee, Kansas
Ultrasound Technician - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time Nights
36 hours per week
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
6:00 PM – 6:00 AM
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Cooperates with all associates in proper conduct of the department.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
- Follows the “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Follows prescribed hospital safety standards.
- Maintains ethical, professional relationships.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Positions and transfers patients for exams.
- Assists physicians in performing invasive procedures, being responsible for checking necessary lab work pre-exam and for delivering specimens to appropriate areas of the hospital with proper paperwork.
- Practices sterile technique to prevent any contamination.
- Maintains adequate records per department and hospital policies.
- Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Registered as Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-Abdominal or OB/GYN (RDMS)
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of diagnostic medical sonography procedures providing high quality exams for interpretation by a Radiologist. Sets up and assists in invasive procedures when ultrasound is used as a guidance tool. Performs all tasks necessary to provide quality patient care.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 3 - Night
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.