AdventHealth Ultrasound Technologist Full Time Nights in Shawnee, Kansas
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time Days
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Cooperates with all associates in proper conduct of the department.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
- Follows the “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Follows prescribed hospital safety standards.
- Maintains ethical, professional relationships.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Positions and transfers patients for exams.
- Assists physicians in performing invasive procedures, being responsible for checking necessary lab work pre-exam and for delivering specimens to appropriate areas of the hospital with proper paperwork.
- Practices sterile technique to prevent any contamination.
- Maintains adequate records per department and hospital policies.
- Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times.
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Registered as Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-Abdominal or OB/GYN (RDMS)
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of diagnostic medical sonography procedures providing high quality exams for interpretation by a Radiologist. Sets up and assists in invasive procedures when ultrasound is used as a guidance tool. Performs all tasks necessary to provide quality patient care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.