AdventHealth AA*Surgical Technologist II Full Time Days Possible $5,000 Sign-On Bonus Tampa in Tampa, Florida
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
· Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and
medications/solutions needed for procedure’ displays knowledge of procedure and patient positioning
· Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before
incision is closed
· Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
· Recognizes/ responds immediately to emergency situations appropriately
· Displays awareness of and participates in cost effective behaviors endorsed by the organization
· Performs duties in a timely manner, communicates all updates/ delays to team members/ team leader
· Communicates supply problems appropriately, restocking supplies for the unit as needed
· Readily accepts assignment or changes in assignment, maintains a positive attitude if asked to float to another room/ unit
· Willingness to change schedule to meet unit staffing needs
· Demonstrates competencies as defined by individual unit
· Increases clinical knowledge/ skills independently, working with unfamiliar procedures/ surgeons to expand/ develop new skills
· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, delivers on commitments
· Honor's patient's rights by following privacy guidelines and code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and guests.
· Demonstrates honesty and fairness in all that they do and accepts accountability for their actions.
· Recognize and anticipate the needs of others and go beyond their job to exceed expectations of those we serve.
· Greets everyone they encounter with a smile, using caring tone during conversations, and makes frequent and appropriate eye contact.
· Use common courtesy practices such as helping lost individuals, saying please and thank you, and knocking on a patient's door before entering.
· Proactively support a culture of safety and quality.
· Listen respectfully and avoid defensiveness in verbal and non-verbal communication. Exhibit willingness to assist co-workers.
· Display support in organizational decisions in their communication and actions. Refrains from gossiping and spreading rumors.· Looks for opportunities to support, recognize and celebrate teamwork.
· Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
3. Knowledge of sterile technique, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field set-up
· Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Course
· Specialist in at least 2 major surgical specialties (for example: Orthopedics, Robotics, and Neurosurgery/Spine).
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The Surgical Technologist II is a member of the health care team who performs technical support in the perioperative period under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse according to the accepted clinical standards of care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.