AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manager MedSurg Neuro FT Nights in Tampa, Florida
Registered Nurse AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
- Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
- Promotes and validates AIDET compliance.
- Along with Nurse Manager, responsible for the operational duties of the unit/department
- Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
- Adheres to AHT standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
- Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Possess a broad nursing knowledge, leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently.
- Possess insight for employee growth and development and the ability to do effective impartial counseling.
- Working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
- Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
- Must be able to use all systems (i.e. Cerner, Clarivia, Capacity Management) as required on unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Minimum of three years acute care nursing experience or one year if has prior leadership experience.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- BSN preferred
- National certification in specialty preferred
- Prior experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
- AHA BLS card
- Additional certifications (ACLS, PALS, NIHSS, etc.,) per specialty unit
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients’ diagnosis, plan of care and core measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs.
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.