AdventHealth Certified Surgical Tech II CVOR PRN Days Tampa in Tampa, Florida
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
PRN/ Days (6:30 am to 3 pm on days that are needed from call offs)
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and
- medications/solutions needed for procedure’ displays knowledge of procedure and patient positioning.
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
- High School education or equivalent
- Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Course
- Minimum three years’ experience as as a CST
- Able to precept and act as resource person during procedures.
- Specialist in at least 2 major surgical specialties
- Current CST/ Certified Surgical Assistant
- American Heart BLS
The Surgical Technologist II is a member of the health care team who performs technical support in the perioperative period under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse according to the accepted clinical standards of care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.