AdventHealth Echo Tech Lead - Apopka $5000 Sign On Bonus in Tampa, Florida
Echo Technologist, Lead - AdventHealth Apopka
The Cardiology Echo Department at AdventHealth Apopka specializes in cardiac care of patients, performing echocardiograms, carotid scans, venous and arterial studies, and transesophageal echocardiograms. Being a part of this I-Cael Accredited Department provides the opportunity to work alongside top-notch, board-certified Cardiologists. This team works closely with Imaging and Cardiology staff to provide quality care through excellent teamwork. The Cardiology Echo Team is a part of a growing Cardiology program, which will soon include PCI and STEMI, and the expansion of other services and facilities across the West Orange Community.
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Apopka
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, 4 nine hour days and required to take call - requires weekends and holidays
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Contributes to overall quality of diagnostic service, and documentation. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department and holds team members accountable for providing quality care.
- Consistently and appropriately problem solves day to day issues.
- Assists with smooth patient flow by assuring timely room turn over and prep. Effectively communicates with staff, physicians and department management.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade clinical and leadership skills. Seeks education opportunities, and coaches’ staff towards professional growth.
- Supports and assists with data collection for process improvement while understanding the department performance trends and established standards.
What You Will Need:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) Adult Echocardiography (AE) or
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS)
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or
Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS)
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) Pediatric Echocardiography (PE) or (Preferred)
Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) (Preferred)
One year of supervisory experience (Preferred)
The Lead Technologist performs at a technical level a variety of cardiovascular procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. Utilizes independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. The Lead utilizes proficiency in all aspects of his/her designated procedural area in preparation, assessment, documentation, and monitoring consistent with the policies and procedures of the Cardiovascular Department and Hospital administration. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures. Teaches and directs the work of other staff and students as required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Apopka
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.