AdventHealth Imaging Insurance Authorization Rep PRN - Virtual Hiring Event 5/12 from 9am to 4pm - AdventHealth Imaging Westchase Care Pavilion in Tampa, Florida
PRN Insurance Authorization Representative: AdventHealth Imaging Westchase Care Pavilion
Location Address: Westchase, FL
Virtual Hiring Event Details: Will be scheduling 30 minute virtual interviews for May 12th from 9am to 4pm for any qualified candidates interested in the Insurance Authorization Rep position. Also able to schedule interviews prior to or following the event if you are unavailable to interview the day of the event.
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth West Chase Care Pavilion:
- Brand new facility and technology
- Facility provides Primary care, Specialty care, Imaging, and Lab services
- Online patient scheduling
- Open Days, Evening & Weekends
- Same day appointments and walk-ins welcome
- Contactless registration & check-in
- No waiting room/self-rooming
PRN Days/Variable Shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Obtains and/or works with providers offices to obtain authorizations in a timely manner for imaging exams.
- Reviews the insurance verification and completes the authorization process within established time frames. Accurately enters data into software program.
- Receives coverage authorization and works diligently to meet established timelines; may be required to obtain authorizations for same day procedures.
- Works closely with doctors, APPs and team members to support efforts to accomplish authorization/verification for both routine and STAT orders.
- Routinely arrange peer to peer authorizations between providers and insurance companies.
- Requests authorization from insurance company to provide specific services and parameters of care.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Insurance Verification Experience plus 1-2 years of Authorization experience OR 1-2 years healthcare experience in a clinical setting.
Proficiency in EMR
Previous insurance verification experience
- Proficiency in Medical Terminology
- revious customer service work experience
- Problem Solving Skills and Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Knowledge of payer requirements for authorization and billing
Insurance Authorization Representative will work to obtain insurance verification, notification, pre-certification, authorization and obtaining reference numbers (as appropriate) for patients undergoing imaging procedures at AH West Florida Imaging, Inc. Insurance Authorization Representative will work closely with all members of the physicians’ teams to assure timely and accurate authorization for both routine and stat items. This individual must possess basic clinical knowledge and terminology and must be able to effectively communicate with doctors/specialists, APPs and team members. This individual must be able to work in a fast pace, changing environment. This individual must also be able to identify problems and communicate with the members of the Revenue Cycle team (Coders, Patient Account Reps, Coding and AR Supervisors) and insurance companies in a timely manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth West FL Imaging
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.