AdventHealth Medical Technologist II PRN Brandon Lab Day Shift (every Saturday 7a-7:30p) in Tampa, Florida
Medical Technologist II PRN AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
PRN Brandon Lab; Day Shift (every Saturday 7a-7:30p)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Patient Satisfaction and Client Satisfaction meet organizational goals.
- Performs laboratory procedures in a timely manner meeting defined parameters.
- Promotes the Patient First Campaign.
- Works as part of the departmental team.
- Demonstrates care for one another and respect for each persons’ unique contributions.
Works at alternate hospital sites or, Microbiology staff must work outside the department.
Contributes to positive departmental budget initiatives
Proficiency Testing (PT) is performed in the same manner as patient testing maintaining performance guidelines
- Adheres to the laboratories Quality Control policies and procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree
- Science degree meeting state licensure requirements (64B3-5.003).
- Minimum two years’ experience.
- State of Florida- Medical Technologist License in at least one specialty: Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, and/or Serology. Immunohematology required for staff assigned to Blood Bank department.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.003. Perform competency validated laboratory procedures ordered by appropriate medical staff and physician. Oversees the day to day operations of various lab sections in the absence of a supervisor or senior technologist.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.