AdventHealth Senior Internal Auditor in Tampa, Florida
Senior Financial Analyst- Net Revenue
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
Auditing and Project Management
- Perform the planning and execution of financial, operational and information technology audits including development of audit objectives, scope and procedures for manager and/or director review.
- Perform review of workpapers created by staff internal auditors to ensure they are performed in compliance with the audit program and departmental standards.
- Analyze technical problems and arrive at workable solutions. Evaluate complex information, identify key issues that need to be addressed and develop courses of action that effectively address the issue at hand. Is capable of making sound, common sense decisions.
- Analyze overall findings and document audit results and recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepare audit reports including key audit findings, recommendations for improvement and management responses.
- Seek opportunities to enhance technical skills and stay current with emerging accounting and auditing issues affecting the internal auditing profession.
- Perform technical accounting research as needed to support audit conclusions.
Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
Coaching, Communication and Managing
- Provide training and supervision to staff internal auditors by providing direct and actionable feedback on their work to help develop skills. Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Manage assigned projects by prioritizing work to meet established deadlines and overall time budget ensuring that audit objectives are accomplished while keeping manager and/or director informed of project status and issues identified.
- Identify opportunities to improve audit/project proficiency and maintain efficient staff utilization.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, data analysis, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Display the ability to teach/train subordinates and other employees. Motivate others to perform. Provide recognition and feedback to employees to help develop skills and encourage growth.
- Develop and maintain productive team-oriented relationships through individual contact and group meetings.
- Achieves superior customer satisfaction and builds strong professional relationships working directly with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of full-time experience in internal audit or public accounting
- CPA candidacy (ability to sit for the exam) or certification, preferred
- Professional and proficient verbal and written communication skills. Performs acceptable amount of work with acceptable speed.
- Thorough attention to detail requiring minimal supervision.
- Maintain effective working relationships with facility accounting personnel (e.g. Controllers and CFOs).
- Aptitude to exercise good judgment and focus on actions that deliver results.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent assignments.
- Effectively utilize available and relevant technical tools and resources (e.g. Microsoft Office and other software or hardware)
The senior auditor role gains extensive exposure to diverse aspects of Adventist Health System’s business. The audit assignments include increasing level of responsibilities and presentations to senior management, making Internal Audit an excellent place to work for high-potential employees. The role assists in the design and execution of financial audit programs, preparation and review of audit workpapers, supervision of staff, performs walkthroughs and documents significant financial processes, provides direct assistance to external auditors and performs other special projects as needed.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.