AdventHealth CNA Unit Secretary Full Time Days North Pinellas in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Unit Secretary Full Time Days AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Duties and responsibilities – General
- Acts effectively as unit receptionist, answering the telephone with approved scripting, directing all
- incoming calls efficiently, receiving and directing visitors, documenting according to policy and maintaining all logs.
- Assist Physician with consult lists, phone calls, and on-call schedules.
- Assist charge and staff RNs with transfers. ASSIST IN DEVELOPING STREAMLINED PROCESS
- Coordinate with Administrative Supervisor for timely bed placement of admissions.
- Enters patient information into GE monitoring system.
- Coordinates effectively the maintenance of the physical environment (i.e. maintains supplies work order
- completion, etc).
- Respond to patient request e.g., ice, blankets.
- Utilizes good oral and written communication sufficient to meet job demands.
- Participates effectively in Performance Improvement activities as requested or needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information within the hospital and community settings.
- Proactively maintain/ensure that nurses’ station is organized, clean, and de-cluttered.
Duties and responsibilities related to Medical Records
- Maintains patient flow through proper identification of admissions and discharges.Review tracking shell continuously and update staff of prolonged wait times.
- Ensure provider orders do not have additional order that requires further order entry. Alert nurse iffurther order entry is required.Ensure Quality Measures are ordered and initiated.
- Ensure 1 sheet of patient labels per chart.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Basic computer skills and literacy
2. Communication Skills: ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to use machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.
4. Medical terminology preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School diploma or GED
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• CPR certification, Florida Certified Nursing Assistant License within 3 months of employment
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Prior hospital or other clinical experience. Medical terminology preferred
Works under supervision in a controlled patient care area and performs a variety of established and accepted clerical functions. Coordinates clerical functions on the unit and assists patient care staff with non-nursing duties as assigned.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth North Pinellas
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.