Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth "City/Facility Name"
Immediate Healthcare coverage
State of the art unit with “Pod” Structure
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florid
Work Hours/Shift:3pm-11:30pm Week days, weekends, and Holidays
Performing daily cleaning procedures and adheres to cleaning standards as outlined in Environment Services policy and procedures. Maintain areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its member and Florida Hospital by following the cleaning duties include, but not limited to sanitizing surfaces, emptying trash, transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area, cleaning toilets and showers, dust mopping and wet mopping floors, high dusting and vacuuming. Also cleans beds, vents, lights, walls, windows, door jambs and other hardware and any other duties as directed by leaders.
Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs a complete ten (10) step cleaning in areas throughout the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, departments, public areas or other areas as needed or required by schedule.
· High dust all horizontal surfaces per schedule.
· Sanitizes and spot cleans all assigned areas per schedule.
· Empties wastebaskets.Â· Cleans bathroom and fixtures.
· Dry mops or vacuums floors.· Sanitizes floors.
Properly utilizes germicides and other chemicals.
Actively engages in patient interaction, with sincerity and courtesy. Follows scripting as outlined in the AIDET process
· Exposure to healthcare environmental conditions
Uses dry dust cloths, high dusting tools, and vacuum cleaner to clean window sills, blinds, floors, and furniture. Empties waste receptacles, arranges furniture, furnishings, and equipment in proper order.
· Makes bed with clean linen following appropriate policy and procedure.
· Scours and polishes sinks, plumbing fixtures, mirrors, and adjacent equipment/fixtures. Replenishes appropriate supply of soap, linens, and disposable paper products.
Notifies environmental services team leader of supply and/or equipment needs. Reports any mechanical failure/problem or environmental defect, as observed, to environmental services team leader and/or department office.
· Where applicable, moves furniture and furnishings to adequately clean area. Turns and/or replaces curtains.
· Performs job functions adhering to service principals with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
· Uses correct PPE when performing cleaning in any Isolation locations.
Stages patient rooms properly and performs self-inspection of areas cleane
Keeps storage areas and carts properly stocked, clean and tidy
· Keeps equipment clean and neat.
Assist with distribution of linen and daily linen cart exchange when requested.
· Actively maintains a safe work environment at all times.
· Responds to and assists during facility emergency codes in accordance with departmental policy.
· Attends all staff meetings and departmental programs.
· Performs emergency cleaning throughout the facility when noticed or as needed.
Advises manager, supervisor or team leader of any situation requiring his/her attention.
Consistently engages in teamwork and professionalism at all times. Performs thorough cleaning procedures throughout the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, surgical facilities and public areas as needed or required per schedule.
** This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, task, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job description. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection on the job, management reserve the right to modify essential functions on the job, or to require that other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, change in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments)
What You Will Need:
A minimum of 6 months Environmental Services experience is needed
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Supervisor and/or designee, assists in maintaining the cleanliness level of the hospital in all patient, public and ancillary areas. Includes any other areas as may be assigned in accordance with the mission, goals, and policies of the Environmental Services Department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.