Unit Clerk CNA AdventHealth Care Center Waterman
4501 Waterman Way, Tavares FL 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Waterman
AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Greets all residents in a friendly, professional, and courteous manner. Takes complete and accurate phone messages.
· Answers telephone politely and consistently identifies self and facility by name as to present the facility in a positive manner.
· Attends staff education, training and other required meetings.
· May come in contact with blood and other infectious body fluids.
· Assists nursing staff with answering call lights.
· Faxes information required or requested by pharmacy. Returns information requested within a reasonable time.
· Monitors the fax machine and delivers pertinent information regarding patients to the unit manager or floor nurse. Returns fax copies and routes appropriately
What You Will Need:
Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be obtained within the first 30 days after employment
Certified Nursing Assistant License or meets one of the following criteria that will result in certification within 120 days of employment:
Is certified as a CNA in another state and is awaiting certification by reciprocity in current state
Has completed and has proof of passing a certification exam, but is still awaiting the actual Certified Nursing Assistant certificate
The Unit Clerk assists nursing personnel in performing clerical type duties and performs direct resident care on the unit. Assists in overall care of the residents by performing clerical and non-nursing functions. Responsible for developing and maintaining rapport with residents, visitors, physicians, and staff
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: ADH Care Center Waterman
Req ID: 21034439
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.