AdventHealth Certified SPD Tech Full Time Nights 1p-9:30p Possible $5,000 Sign-On Wesley Chapel in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Picks up used/contaminated equipment, trays, instruments and carts from appropriate area including operating room at designated times and processes for appropriate decontamination/sterilization, use or storage.
· Inspects all instruments for cleanliness and condition, removing defective items.
· Assembles and/or restocks all trays, kits and packs pursuant to department policy and procedures and priority level, verifying that they have been properly wrapped and labeled.
· Operates sterilizers, washers and other processing equipment in accordance with department policy, maintaining accurate and detailed sterilization records.
· Demonstrates knowledge of medical and product terminology as well as the location of trays, instruments, supplies and equipment to expedite service.
· Re-sterilizes/replaces all dated items prior to or on outdate, having a complete knowledge of sterilization methods, requirements and responsibilities.
· Has knowledge of and observes all infection control policy and procedures at all times.
· Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
· Delivers items processed by Sterile Processing. Orders and puts away supplies as needed.
· Works closely with the personnel in the Surgical Services Department, the Outpatient Care Center, and other Hospital departments in a cooperative effort. Demonstrates good customer relations and good telephone etiquette, responsive to physicians/staff/departmental and patient needs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· High school diploma required upon hire
· On the job training at FHWC
· 3 years sterile processing experience preferred
· 3 years of surgical tech experience in multi-specialty setting with OB/GYN experience preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Completed Sterile Processing certification (SPTC)
· 1 hour Hip and Knee Replacement education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
Completely performs all functions in processing to ensure and facilitate the provision of quality service, at all times, to all customers. Works under general supervision. This individual will often coordinate his/her work to meet the ever-changing needs of the department/hospital. Assures a safe environment for patients and staff in the Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.