AdventHealth Lab Assistant PRN (Mostly Day Shift 3:30a-12:30p) Wesley Chapel in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Laboratory Assistant AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
- Day One Benefits
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
PRN (Mostly Day Shift 3:30a-12:30p) and rotating weekends or every weekend (if preferred)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrate competency in blood collection procedures within the scope of practice. Provide all aspects of blood collection procedures based on established standards. Follows established procedures for patient and specimen identification.
- Adheres to hospital and department policies and procedures. Completes assigned policy and procedure review assignments in a timely manner. Complies with all applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs specimen accessioning tasks for in-house and outreach clients. Ensures requisition and specimen documentation is satisfactory. Screens samples for specimen integrity. Processes and distributes samples to appropriate department.
- Organizes workflow to expedite the specimen collection process while correctly prioritizing activities. Meets established turnaround time target for stat and routine collections.
- Identifies specimen and/or requisition problems that may adversely affect test performance. Corrects or notifies appropriate technologist or supervisor if the problem cannot be resolved. Documents corrective actions taken to resolve the issue.
- Maintains a clean and stocked workstation, following infection control guidelines. Ensures department supply levels are maintained in a manner to reduce waste and avoid expenses for “rush” orders.
- Maintains competencies current for all assigned procedures. Completes assigned competency assessments in a timely manner.
- Provides orientation and training to new employees and phlebotomy students as needed, under the direction of the lab supervisor. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and phlebotomy students.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job‑related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood-borne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
What You Will Need:
- Vocational or other technical school, certification, training or apprenticeship required beyond high school upon hire
- One-year experience in a laboratory setting required or completion of an accredited phlebotomy training program upon hire
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification upon hire
The Laboratory Assistant collects blood samples through the use of standard venipuncture techniques and prepares these samples for laboratory testing. Performs clerical and receptionist functions in the specimen processing area of the laboratory. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.