AdventHealth Advanced Registered Respiratory Therapist FT Nights in Winter Park, Florida
Respiratory Therapist Advanced/Registered - AdventHealth Winter Park
Location Address: Winter Park, Fl 32792
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Winter Park
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
- Full Time 3 12's Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis.
- Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, prescriber care plans, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per prescriber care plan.
- Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and advanced modes of ventilation per policy and procedure.
- Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Assists with clinical instruction and precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree from a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- For Children’s Hospital : Pediatric and Neonatal experience
- Current Valid State of Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7630, 7637, 0520, 5040, 4270, 1792, and 9390 : Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7633 : Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- For Cost Center 1520 and 3738 : Current ACLS, NRP, and PALS certification
- For Cost Center 3604 : Current ACLS and PALS certification
- For Cost Center 3604: Current NRP certification (Preferred)
- For Cost Center 0520, 7637, 9390, 5040, 4270, 1792: Current NRP and PALS certification (Preferred)
The Advanced/Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the treatment, care, and needs of an assigned group of patients. Ability to accept lead responsibility in the absence of a Lead Therapist / Supervisor, as directed. Specific age groups are identified in the principal duties and job responsibilities section. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Park
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.