AdventHealth Floor Finisher Full Time Days in Zephyrhills, Florida
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Performs a complete 7 step cleaning in areas throughout the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, departments, public areas, or other areas as needed or required by schedule.
- Maintains carpeted floors throughout the facility, including vacuuming, spot cleaning, damp buffing, shampooing, and extracting according to departmental procedure.
- Competently operates and maintains cleaning equipment.
- Correctly collects, transports, and properly stores or disposes of trash, soiled linens, and biohazardous waste according to facility and departmental policy and procedure.
- Assists with the distribution of clean/soiled linen throughout the facility, and participates in the daily linen cart exchange.
- Performs routine cleaning and floor maintenance of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat manner.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
- Perform self-inspection of area cleaned.
- Follow all hospital rules, safety, Housekeeping procedures, appearance standards and Security Procedures.
- Report any maintenance work, Damage, or missing items to your Supervisor
- Actively maintains a safe work environment at all times.
- Responds to and assists during facility emergency codes in accordance with department policy.
- Attends all staff meetings and departmental programs.
- Performs emergency cleaning throughout the facility when noticed or as needed.
- Attends all staff meetings and department programs.
- Performs any other task or duty as assigned by manager, supervisor, or team leader.
- Advise manager, supervisor, or team leader of any situation requiring his/her attention.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) MINIMUM
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English
- Ability to write simple correspondence in English
- Ability to correspond verbally in English with patients, visitors and other staff.
- Floor Tech Experience
Under the general supervision of the EVS Manager/Supervisor, duties include but are not limited to: Floor Scrubbing/stripping, refinishing, carpet shampooing, carpet extraction, cleaning floor corners/edges/baseboards, removing trash, floor buffing, floor burnishing, elevator track cleaning, other floor and carpet maintenance, Upholstery cleaning, conference room set ups, stairwell cleaning, in all assigned areas of the hospital using standard cleaning procedures and chemicals. The EVS Floor Tech will actively participate in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of AdventHealth. Environmental Services is on-site and available seven days a week, as well as holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.