AdventHealth Medical Technologist Full Time Evenings 3-11 pm Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, FL 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all departments in the clinical laboratory.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records.
- Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices.
- Performs proficiencies, competencies, validated laboratory procedures
- Able to function in all sections of the clinical laboratory for which they are licensed.
- Is capable and responsible for performing high-complexity testing.
- Properly performs quality control procedures and instrument checks. Takes appropriate actions when results are outside of acceptable range.
- Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- When appropriate, correctly alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult or geriatric patient, appropriate to patient age.
- Notifies patient care unit and/or physician of critical lab values, requests and documents result “readback”.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed, to include patient testing, calibrations and quality control results.
- Meets current documentation standards and follows established policies related to procedures performed for statistics and billing purposes.
- Interacts professionally with the Director of Clinical Laboratory, Pathologist and other healthcare providers. Communicates effectively regarding patient issues.
- Demonstrates support/responsibility for the overall functioning of the team. Interacts professionally co-workers, assisting as needed to complete outstanding work.
- Consults with other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Follows standard precautions at all times with appropriate use of PPE.
- Manages and operates laboratory equipment safely and correctly. Follows established policies for equipment maintenance, reporting and documenting need for repair.
- Demonstrates knowledge of new testing methods, products, instrumentation; remains informed on all current technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital policy, JCAHO, state and other regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized, communicate effectively and function well under stressful situations.
- Demonstrates flexibility to adjust to the uneven workflow and changing priorities of the department.
- Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent basis.
- Associates Degree in Medical Technology
- State of Florida – Medical Technologist/Medical Technician in Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Serology and Immunology
- Preferred: Medical Tech hospital experience
Medical Technologist is responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains accurate laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.003.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.