AdventHealth Point Of Care Coordinator Full Time Days 7 am to 3:30 pm Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, FL 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Ensures that services are of the utmost quality and results are turned out expediently.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records.
- Makes sure that the point-of-care department policies and actual practices are in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Ensures that the assigned laboratory department is in compliance with all mandated safety protocols.
- Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices.
- Performs, reviews and evaluates proficiencies, competencies, and validate laboratory procedures for the point-of-care department
- Selection, training, education and evaluation of performance for all laboratory personnel.
- Administrative duties of the point-of-care department.
- Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology
- 5 Years of Laboratory Experience, including a minimum of 1 year in a POCT environment
- State of Florida – Medical Technologist or Technician in all laboratory areas
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Florida supervisor license preferred.
- ASCP or other national laboratory certification preferred.
Medical Technologist responsible for the oversight of hospital Point of Care Testing (POCT) (waived and non-waived) in accordance with the Statutes of the State of Florida, Joint Commission and CLIA; also performs laboratory testing in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.003. Perform competency validated laboratory procedures ordered by appropriate Medical Staff and Physician. Responsible for the technical oversight and supervises the day-to-day operations of the Point-of-Care department and assists the departmental manager with leadership duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.